Monday, September 08, 2008

Father Christmas

I also got my Santa ornaments done this past weekend. I printed off some vintage Santa pictures, cut them out with my petite scalloped circle Nestabilities and aged them with Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Stain. Then I used torn strips of red tissue paper to cover the clear glass balls (same type as I used on the music ornaments) and decoupaged it in the same manner as the music ornaments. You need thinnish paper to do this with and the tissue paper went on perfectly. It gives a translucent, vintage look to the ornament that you can see in the second picture and that I like. Then I decoupaged the Santa picture on top of the tissue paper, after snipping the edges several times to help it lie flat. A red plaid bow and it's done!

3 comments:

  1. I think I did this on the worng projcet before, sorry if it is a duplicate.

    I love this santa orniament - thanks so much for sharing it!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! What a great vintage look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ornament! What a wonderful vintage look.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!