Thursday, November 27, 2008

Blessings on Thanksgiving

First, I'm wishing everyone in the US a Happy Thanksgiving with family and/or friends and lots of good food.

OK, I said I was done with fall and Thanksgiving cards but here's another one. It's for the Color Throwdown challenge #21: Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, and Sage Shadow. These colors said "fall" to me, although I've seen them used very effectively in a Christmas card. But my mojo couldn't wrap itself around that concept so Thanksgiving is what it is. BUT, I just realized I used Mellow Moss. Ack! And here I was so proud that I was so stinkin' organized with my Thanksgiving dinner prep that I had time to make a card! Oh, well, I guess that means I'm ahead on next year's Thanksgiving cards and I suppose that means I have to do another card with the *right* colors, huh? OK, I can do that ;-)

Anyway, my base card is Very Vanilla. The next layer is DP from Debbie Mumm's Harvest and Holiday mat pack. This little pack is crammed with great Halloween, fall, and Christmas DP. I got it at JoAnn Fabrics early in the fall. The next element is Chocolate Chip with a layer of Really Rust, and the next one is Chocolate Chip with Mellow Moss with the sentiment stamped in Versafine Vintage Sepia ink. The focal image is from Verve's Hello Pumpkin set, as is the sentiment, and is also stamped with Vintage Sepia ink. It's colored with Stampin' Markers and my trusty blender pen on water color paper, and layered on Really Rust, Mellow Moss, and Chocolate Chip. Some paper piercing and some copper brads finish it off. Well, I think my little pumpkin turned out kinda cute, so that's that! Thanks for stopping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Hello Pumpkin (Verve)
Paper:
Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, and Sage Shadow, water color paper (SU!), Debbie Mumm's Harvest and Holiday mat pack (JoAnn Fabrics)
Ink:
Versafine Vintage Sepia, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, Close To Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, Sahara Sand (SU!)
Accessories:
Brads (craft store), paper piercer/mat/template

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!