Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Homespun Holly Cupcake

This card is for SCS CC199 and Paper Craft Planet's sketch #7. The colors are So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, and Handsome Hunter. There was NO way this was going to be anything other than a Christmas card because:

1. I do Christmas 365 days a year
2. I'm in the Christmas Card Challenge.
3. I want to send nothing but handmade cards this coming year

See what I mean? Reason enough for me--add another one to the stash for 2009 :)

My base card is Very Vanilla. I think the rest of the layers are pretty self-explanatory. The focal image is a Karen Lockhart stamp I got from Ellen Hutson's store. I just love this little holly cupcake!! I stamped it on watercolor paper with Basic Brown ink and colored it with my Stampin' Markers and a blender pen (no surprise there). I added some shimmer with a Sakura glitter pen. cut it out with a Nestabilities die and lightly sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel ink. It's matted with Bravo Burgundy circles also cut with Nestabilities and mounted up on 3M foam squares. Some gingham ribbon tied in a bow accents the bottom of the card. The sentiment is from Verve's Wonderful Wishes set and is stamped on Very Vanilla with Handsome Hunter ink, cut out with a Nestabilities tag die, edges lightly sponged, and tied on with natural hemp. The upper part needed something so I added a corner punch/brad element there. The result is a homespun-type card that I really like.

Thanks for stopping by! That's it for this year--see you next year for lots of stampin' fun!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Holly Cupcake (Lockhart Stamps), Wonderful Wishes (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter, watercolor (SU!)
Ink: So Saffron, Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Sakura glitter pen, ribbon, hemp, brads, 3M foam squares, Corner Punch (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!