Thursday, January 08, 2009

Sweet Love

This card is for the Verve Looking For Love challenge day two, which is a sketch challenge. Julee always has awesome sketches!

My base card is Whisper White with a layer of gray, then pink, then patterned paper from Basic Grey's Perhaps 6 x 6 pad. Love these soft, muted colors in this paper. The gray layer was edged with a Martha Stewart border punch and pink rhinestones coordinate with the design. The focal image was done with stamps from two Inkadinkado sets: Love and Valentine, and Hearts and Love. It was stamped on Whisper White with Rose Red ink stamped off once. Clear rhinestones accent this peice, it's layered on more DP using Nestabilities dies to cut/emboss it, and it's up on 3M foam squares. A pink and silver ribbon and a little heart charm tied on with silver cording finish this card off.

Thanks for stopppin by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Love and Valentine, and Hearts and Love (Inkadinkado)
Paper: Whisper White (SU!); Perhaps (Basic Gray 6 x 6 pad)
Ink: Rose Red (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug; Nestabilities; rhinestones, 3M foam squares, ribbon, charm (craft store)

2 comments:

  1. Stunning! I love the scalloped edge and all the sparkly gems! The charm was just a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I am jealous--I wanted to do these sketches and here they are--you've done a great job with them. I agree with Danielle, the charms and gems add just the right touch.
    I have left you a couple awards, check them out on my blog! :D
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!