Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Feeling Under the Weather?


I'm so stoked about this card! I'm so happy with how it turned out, and it works for four--count 'em, FOUR--challenges, LOL! First, it's for My Favorite Things Who's That Girl Challenge #21--use a Who's That Girl stamp and at least three patterned papers (I'm all about that, LOL!), next it's for the SCS Technique Lovers Challenge #207--cut it out, then SCS Ways to Use It #204--pile up the embellishments (right up my alley!), and last, but certainly not least, Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday Challenge 2--use a button. Whew! What fun!!

My base card is Whisper White with three layers of DP from Basic Grey's Romani/Gypsy 6 x 6 pad (and I'm not even counting the two solid DP in my count). The focal image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Stamper's Select White from PTI using a stamp from MFT's Rain or Shine set. I paper pieced (raincoat and doggy's coat) and colored it with Copic markers (see below for colors used). The umbrella was stamped on Whisper White with Really Rust ink and then it was cut out and adhered with 3M foam squares. The sentiment is also from the set and was stamped on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black, is layered on two solid colors of DP, and is also up on foam squares. Some Prima flowers and buttons with hemp thread add accents and complete the requirements for the other challenges. I really love this card--hope you do too!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Rain or Shine (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White (SU!); Stamper's Select (PTI); Romani/Gypsy 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Menento Tuxedo Black; Really Rust, Going Gray (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares and hemp twine (craft store); Primas; buttons (stash); Copic markers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!