Sunday, March 01, 2009

Enjoy the moment

We're having a cold and rainy day, with snow and freezing rain in the forecast. So, before I show you today's card, here's a little taste of Spring from my garden. It really is on the way!


Today's card is using Sketches By Tamara's Card Sketch #84. First time for me doing one of her card sketches, and it was fun!

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, and Basic Grey's new Marrakech 6 x 6 pad DP. Love this paper!! Rich, rich colors! The next two elements are alike: Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, and Very Vanilla on which I stamped the background stamp from Verve's Artful Elegance set in Baja Breeze. Both elements are up on 3M foam squares. I love the butterfly focal image. I stamped this Inkadinkado stamp on vellum card stock with Chocolate Chip craft ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I colored it with Copic markers (see below for the colors I used), cut it out, and popped it up on foam squares. I really like how this turned out--you can see a closeup below--the colors are transluscent. The sentiment was stamped on Very Vanilla with Chocolate Chip with a stamp from PTI's Mixed Messages set. It, and the two layers, were punched with my Small Oval punch and it is up on 3M foam squares. Dew Drops from the Bird of Paradise collection finish the card off.

Thanks for dropping by!



~Recipe~
Stamps: Butterfly by Inkadinkado; Artful Elegance (Verve); Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango (SU!); Marrakech 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey); vellum card stock
Ink: Chocoate Chip Craft and Classic, Baja Breeze (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares (craft store); Small Oval punch (SU!); Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); Copic markers

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous Barbara!! Those colours are to die for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!