Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gilded Ballerina


This card is for my friend's other grand-daughter, who loves to dance. I'm using Stamps and Smiles Sketch Challenge #6 for my layout and I'm also doing Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply Challenge #78--to use white mats. I must confess I'd never have thought to use white mats but I LOVE how this turned out! Thanks for the push, Sharon!

My base card is Whisper White with layers of gold metallic card stock and Two Scoops DP from Basic Grey. The next element is Whisper White and more gold metallic, the next is white, gold, and more Two Scoops DP. I tied a sheer pink ribbon with gold threads running along the edges around this piece. The focal image uses a stamp from a Serendipity Stamps set called "Ballet" and was stamped on Two Scoops DP with Versamark and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. It was then matted with gold metallic and Whisper White card stock and is up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Mixed Messages (I love this set so much I just ordered their new set Mega Mixed Messages that has the same sentiments but are larger stamps--love the small ones but sometimes I need them a little larger) and is stamped on Whisper White. I tried to get it to match the DP so I used my Sahara Sand marker on the stamp first, then lightly tapped it with my Regal Rose pad before stamping. Worked like a charm, I think! It was punched out with my small oval punch and matted with gold metallic and Two Scoops DP and tied onto the bow with gold cord. A few gold flat-backed pearls finish this card off. I really like it and I hope my friend does too. I'd love to hear what you think of it, as well!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Ballet (Serendipity Stamps); Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Whisper White (SU!); gold metallic (Office Max); Two Scoops 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Versamark; Regal Rose, Sahara Sand (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, gold cord, gold flat-backed pearls, gold embossing powder (craft store); heat gun; Embossing Buddy, oval punch (SU!)

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Barbara!! What a gorgeous image and I LOVE the pretty background colors.

    Thanks for playing along with Stamps and Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Barbara. This speaks just elegance and grace! Fabulous embossing and the image is awesome. She is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. barb...this is simply stunning! love the embossed image and the sweet, soft sweet colors of this card...beautifully done!

    thanks for playing along with the sketch again this week, and i hope to see you again next week!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is a real stunner! That paper looks great with this embossed image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card... love the gold...HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!