Friday, March 20, 2009

Take a Deep Breath

I made this card as a possible audition for the MFT Idol competition but went with another card instead. I didn't get a chance to make a card last night since I was working on ideas for the next round in the competition, I decided to share this one now. I need to heed the sentiment on this card, LOL!

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Certainly Celery, Pale Plum, and DP from Basic Grey's Eva 6 x 6 pad. The next element is more of the same, different DP, and I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the Certainly Celery layer. The focal image was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, using a stamp from MFT's Serenity now! set that was paper pieced and colored with Copic markers (see below for colors used). It was matted with Pale Plum and Certainly Celery and is up on 3M foam squares. The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped with Rich Cocoa and cut/embossed with a Spellbinders label die and mounted on foam squares. The Prima flowers were attached with a Buildabrad using more DSP with some leaves punched with a Martha Stewart punch added. A few Dew Drops and it was finished. I think it's calm and serene. I'd like to know what you think!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Serenity now! (MFT)

Paper:
Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pale Plum (SU!); Eva 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)

Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories:
Cuttlebug/Spellbinders label die; 3M foam squares (craft store); Prima flowers; Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); Bulid a brad (SU!); fern leaf punch (Martha Stewart); Copic markers


1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know you're feeling the pressure but do stop and take a deep breath! LOL This is too cute, and your coloring is awesome as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!