Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Mother's Day--Color Throwdown #40


[Please don't forget to vote for your favorite MFT Idol contestant (hopefully me!) until 10pm EDT tonight, April 29th! You'll find the poll here. And, if you're looking for my Idol post, please scroll down to the next entry. Thanks!]

It's another Color Throwdown Day, folks!! This is CTD # 40!!! And it's my week to choose the colors. I'm going with Pretty In Pink, Sage Shadow, and Chocolate Chip.


Mother's Day is fast approaching and I thought these colors were Mother's Day worthy. This will be the first Mother's Day without my own dear mother, so it's bittersweet for me this year--lots of wonderful memories but I miss her terribly. She loved to garden so I can picture her sitting on this bench under the rose arbor. I can't give this to my mother, but it's fitting that I dedicate it to her memory.

OK, my base card is Whisper White with layers of Sage Shadow and DSP from the Autumn Vines collection by SU!. The next element is simply Pretty in Pink with a pink gingham bow tied around all that. The focal image is a new-to-me stamp made by the now out-of-business PSX stamp company. I'm totally in love with their botanical stamps! Why didn't someone tell me about them, LOL?! But I digress. The image was stamped on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80lb card stock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, colored with Copic markers (see below), and popped up on 3M foam squares. Green Dew Drops balance out the bow. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with Memento Rich Cocoa using a stamp from PTI's "Mother" set, punched out with a 1 3/8" circle punch, accented with another Dew Drop, and tied onto the bow with white Pearle cotton.

C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD40 so we can see your beauty all in one place. And if you play, you *could* be picked as our Featured Stamper and a guest designer! Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

Thanks for dropping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Unknown to me by PSX; Mother (PTI)
Paper: Whisper White, Sage Shadow, Pretty In Pink, Autumn Vine DSP (SU!); Pure Luxury 80lb (Gina K)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, Pearle cotton (craft store); Dew Drops; Copic markers; circle punch (EK Success)

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Such an elegant sweet scene! I voted...good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you Mom is no longer with us!! I have no doubt though that she would have just LOVED this card!! It's gorgeous and so inviting!! Awesome card ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Barbara, what a beautiful tribute to your Mom! I love the softness of the rose arbor!! (I voted too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful tribute to your mother! It's gorgeous, and these colors were fabulous to work with!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!