Thursday, April 09, 2009

Just Because--Sketches! {by Tamara} #90

Time for another Sketches! {by Tamara} card sketch challenge! Here's today's sketch:

I like this sketch a lot. I still had some Cameo Coral out from my Color Throwdown card yesterday so I decided to use it on this card, too. My base card is Whisper White with layers of Old Olive, Cameo Coral, and Whisper White run through my Cuttlebug with the Textile embossing folder. The next element is more Old Olive with an eyelet punched border and more Whisper White embossed with the Swiss Dots folder with a coral satin bow tied around it and is up on 3M foam squares. The focal image is the April flower from the retired Flower Of the Month. It was stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic markers (see below). It was cut/embossed with a rectangle Nestabilities die and layered on Cameo Coral and Old Olive that was cut/embossed with my new Labels Four die. It's also up on foam squares and one Dew Drop accents the upper corner. The sentiment is new from Papertrey Ink--Mega Mixed Messages. Just like their Mixed Messages that I love, only a little bigger. It was stamped on Whisper White with Rich Cocoa and cut/embossed with a Spellbinders tag die. I ran my Old Olive SU! marker around the edges and tied it on with some DMC embroidery floss.

Don't forget to check out the sketch at the Sketches! {by Tamara} blog and give it a try--we'd love to see what you come up with!

And be sure to check out the other team members' cards:
Alexandra--California Stampin'
Becky--Bouncy, Flouncy, Fun, Fun, Fun
Carol--Carol's Paperplayce
Jo--Here I Go Again
Krista--Krista be cardin'
Marley--Marley Blog
Olena--From My Hands...To Your Heart
Riley--Stampin' and Dancin' With Riley
Suzanne--Stamp In Style and Cut It Cute
Sylvia--Sylvia's Stamping Place
Tricia--Tricia's Treasures

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Flowers of the Month (SU!); Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)
Paper: Whisper White, Old Olive, Cameo Coral (SU!); Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb.
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities die, tag die; 3M foam squares, ribbon, DMC floss (craft store); border punch (Martha Stewart); Copic markers; Dew Drop

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Oh I love the white when a little bit of color and the swiss dots is perfect! Wonderful card Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!
    Wonderful Colour Combo and I love that Embossed Background!

    Hugs
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Barbara - just really pretty with the white and the embossing! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I love the layers of embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, your card is just beautiful! Love the colours and the flower image is gorgeous!
    {love} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card--I like how you made the focal image size a little larger and added the embellishment. And I LOVE that embossing--just adds texture and interest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Barbera! I love it.

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!