Sunday, April 19, 2009

Special Day


Well, it's back to work today after a weekend off and it's raining. It would be a wonderful day to stay home and spend the day stampin' in my Girl Cave, but I've gotta support this habit, LOL!

This card is for Viva la Verve With a Twist #4 for April. The twist was to make you own patterned paper. My base card is River Rock (retired SU! In Color) with a layer of Basic Black and then a partial layer of River Rock stamped with the background stamp from Verve's Artful Elegance set with Basic Black ink. Then I tied a ribbon around with some of My Favorite Things' black satin ribbon with a piece of River Rock double stitched ribbon tucked in the knot. The sentiment is from the Birthday Surprise set, stamped on River Rock with Basic Black ink, cut/embossed with a Nestabilities Labels One die, matted with more die cuts, and is up on 3M foam square. Black Primas with River Rock punched flower centers and antique brass brads finish off the sketch. I thought the right corners looked empty, so I added some black faceted jewels. I think it's kinda elegant--how about you?

Thanks for dropping by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Birthday Surprise, Artful Elegance (Verve)
Paper: Basic Black, River Rock (SU!)
Ink: Basic Black (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities Label One dies; 3M foam squares, faceted jewels (craft store); ribbon (MFT); Prima flowers; flower punch (Marvy); brads (Paper Studio)

2 comments:

  1. Very elegant! You are so dedicated, doing all these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so elegant with the black and white color theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!