Monday, August 24, 2009

Hoppy Cupcake Day

Well, that's *any* day, right? ;-) Can you believe I had a Flopsey set that hadn't seen ink? Me either, LOL. That's My Favorite Challenge at My Favorite Things' Member Company Forum this week. I'm late getting it done--had out of town guests most of last week. W e really enjoyed having them here, but it really cut into my stamping time ;-)

I'm using Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #35--getting it in just under the wire.

My card base is Very Vanilla with layers of Kraft and Bermuda Bay, then patterned paper from a Making Memories 8 x 8 pad called Vintage Findings. Flopsey was stamped on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, colored with Copic markers and cut "out of the box". Then I matted him with Bermuda Bay and Kraft card stock and popped him up on 3M foam squares. I used liquid applique on the frosting and glued some seed beads on for "sprinkles". Ithink the rest is pretty self-explanatory. Oh, see those tiny little brads? I just found them at Michaels' this weekend. They are so stinkin' cute! So of course I got all the colors, right? Buttons are from My Favorite Things' Summer Collection.

I'm so glad you dropped in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Cupcake Flopsey (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Kraft, Bermuda Bay (SU!); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Vintage Findings (Making Memories)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Dahlia Nestabilities die; 3M foam squares, ribbon, tiny brads, seed beads (craft store); border punch (Martha Stewart); buttons (MFT); 1" circle punch, linen thread (SU!); Liquid Applique (Marvy)


3 comments:

  1. I just love your use of seed beads as sprinkles, thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, and great colors, Bar! I love how Flopsey's ears are outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. barb...this is precious! i love those mft bunnies! great colors, dp, and border punch! amazing...as usual!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch again this week...i can't wait to see what you come up with next!

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!