Friday, September 04, 2009

Stamp Simply #103

Are you ready for another Stamp Simply challenge? Sharon's challenges are always such fun, aren't they? And she makes me do things I don't usually do--which is a good thing :) This week, we're to over stamp with our sentiment. Here's what she says:

Sept. 4 - ssnotime103 - Overstamped Sentiment -Today's challenge is simple. Merely stamp your sentiment OVER your image. I love this look and just haven't done it in ages. Can't WAIT to see your cards!!!

I need to add a sympathy card to my stash--unfortunately I used two last week and I'm out. So I thought this would be a good chance to get one done. I'm not sure I've ever over stamped my sentiment before and I'm not sure I did a fabulous job this time--I'm thinking I probably should have placed it a bit lower now that it's done and I'm looking at the finished card. But it'll do.

I'm using images from Papertrey Ink's Life set that I inked up with Sahara Sand and Bordering Blue and spritzed with water before stamping. The sentiment is from Mega Mixed Messages, also from PTI, and was stamped with Basic Gray. Paper is from a mat pad called Story of Us by ADT. I added a sheer blue ribbon and bow and some of my totally neglected Prima flowers. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm on a button kick lately ;-)

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play with us and take the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave a comment on Sharon's blog telling her where you uploaded. Please use the keyword ssnotime103 if you upload to a public forum. Check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team, along with our September Guest Designer:

Charlene Merrick - September Guest Designer

Julie Koerber

Jennifer Buck

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

I'm so glad you stopped by today! Be sure to come by tomorrow for the first Crazy4Challenges challenge!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Life, Mega Mixed Messages (PTI)

Paper:
Basic Gray, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Bordering Blue, Sahara Sand (SU!); Story of Us (ADT)

Ink:
Bordering Blue, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray (SU!)

Accessories:
ribbon, 3M foam squares, pearl brad, flat back pearls (craft store); Ticket Corner punch (SU!); border punch (Martha Stewart); Prima flowers


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Barb!! I love all your layers and the choice of colors and paper... Just beautiful!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely and I think the stamp over is placed just fine. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Barb! I LOVE it! :) Hope you are doing well! :)Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the sentiment is just right Barb! What a beautiful design...sure to bring someone comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if you did a fabulous job??? It's beautiful!!! You rocked this challenge, and the whole card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely and beautiful sympathy card, Barbara! I love the beauty of the bordering blue and sahara sand together, as well as your gorgeous ribbon. Your sentiment looks just fine where you stamped it: over the image! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully soft and elegant! WOnderful card. Congrats on the new Blog DT spot also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, I wouldn't change a thing ... I think it's JUST PERFECT!! LOVE the colors/layers/ pearls/ribbon ... beautifully done, Barb!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great card Barb! have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, but this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! It is so soft and pretty -- lovely image, sentiment, colors -- just wonderful!!! A GREAT job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Barb!!! The colors are soft and soothing -- just right with the images -- wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just LOVE this---I love my blues and this is just wonderfully soothing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!