Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sweetest Holidays--Crazy 4 Challenges #7

Are you ready for another Crazy 4 Challenges challenge? Vicki's got a sketch for you today, courtesy of Cindy Haffner. It's a super fun sketch so we hope you'll make time to play.

For my card I chose an image from My Favorite Things' latest release, Santa Baby. These candy canes are so cute!!! I stamped them on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored them with Copic markers. Then I cut/embossed the image with a Standard Circle Nestabilities die, touched the edges with a PTI Vintage Touch Tea Dye ink pad and matted it with the DP from Cosmo Cricket's Wonderland 8 x 8 pad. The rest is pretty easy to figure out, I'm thinking.

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of the Crazy 4 Challenges team!

Cindy Haffner
Frances Byrne
Jessica Diedrich
Jessie Rone
Joanne Grzelak
Joycelyn Turner
Lori Boyd
Lynda Benden
Mercy Kerin
Robin Willis
Vicki Garrett

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the sketch and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project, and not your blog. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C7.

Thanks for stopping by today!!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Santa Baby (MFT)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy (SU!); Wonderland 8 x 8 pad (Cosmo Cricket); Perfect Paper Panels (MFT)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Bravo Burgundy (SU!); Vintage touch tea dye (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Standard Circle Nestabilities dies/Spellbinders Fancy Scalloped border die; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Copic markes; Vintage buttons and twine (PTI)

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful Wonderful Barbara!!! Great Work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Barbara! LOVE what you did w/ the ribbon/buttons and tag! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those CC papers are fabulous Barbara...gorgeous card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great card for the holidays - Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is soooo beautiful! Love the papers and your tag/sentiment/ribbon treatment! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that candy cane heart is darling, very pretty papers and great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fab use of the sketch...love the candycanes and the dp

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Barb! I love the papers and the sweet image is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the vintage look to this...really nice dp and very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the vintage look, too, and I am enthralled by that scallop border...I am going to have to check that nestie out! Cute candy canes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in LOVE with this card! I am now on the hunt for all of the supplies you used. I MUST have this paper!!! LOL! Did you use a die to cut out the sentiment also??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!