Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Color Throwdown #67

Happy Wednesday!!! I'm going to have several posts for you today. First up is the Color Throwdown Challenge! Later today I'll have another My Favorite Things teaser and tonight is MFT November blog hop. More on those later :)

My awesome friend, Tammy, chose this week's colors: Always Artichoke, Dusty Durango, Soft Sky, and Kraft--a great color combo if you ask me. Only trouble is I am dangerously low on Kraft, so I subbed Creamy Caramel. (Note to self: order Kraft.)
I'm using an Inkadinkado stamp that I haven't used in ages. But it always says "fall" to me, just as these colors do. I stamped it on Whisper White with Memento Rich Cocoa, colored the leaves in with a Copic marker, and highlighted the little birds with a rust colored Sakura glitter pen. You probably can't see it but they shimmer in real life. Then I cut/embossed it with a Classic Rectangle Nestabilities die and sponged it with Creamy Caramel ink while it was still in the die. I though this Earth Love paper from the Mini Deck by Cosmo Cricket was perfect for this stamp--and colors. Those little birdies are so cute! I'm using TECC sketch #89 for my layout, so I added a little ribbon, a big old Vintage Button from PTI, and called it done!

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. And don't forget--there's a chance to be chosen as Featured Stamper, which makes you eligible to become a Guest Designer. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily and so you'll be eligible to win (only directly linked entries will be considered for Featured Stamper--see the sidebar on the blog for all the details). And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown--failure to do this will also disqualify you from winning. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD67 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week! And let's give a warm welcome to our November Guest Designer, Elise, of Mamacow Creations! Welcome, Elise!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Elise/November Guest Designer--Mamacow Creations

Thanks for dropping by today! Later on this morning I'll have that MFT teaser :)

~Recipe~
Stamps: Inkadinkado
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke, Dusty Durango, Soft Sky (SU!); Earth Love Mini Deck (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Creamy Caramel (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Classic Rectangle Nestabilities; 3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Vintage button/twine (PTI); Copic marker; Sakura glitter pen; sewing machine


8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love that striped DP in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Barbara! Thank you for the little shout-out there! {You're a doll AND I'm honored!} Meanwhile, I'm all swoony over your gorgeous card! The shimmery birds and excellent use of the Cosmo-licious paper! How perfect is that!?! I love it! Really beautiful work, sweet Barb! Yipeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything on this great card works for me! Love the striped dsp, the image, the bird dsp and button! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! The papers set the whole image off! Really awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, I just love that striped paper it is the coolest. Such a great optical effect it gives.The bird and that great button is the perfect finish. As always GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had that stamp in the store forever and kept wanting to buy it! It's so sweet and perfect for your card! LOVE the Cosmo paper with this, too! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card! That paper and that tree is so sweet and perfect together!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!