Saturday, May 08, 2010

Froggie Hello - C4C #36

Mornin'!!! It's Crazy 4 Challenges day and today Frances is challenging us to do a card based on a nursery rhyme:

What are little boys made of?
Frogs and snails
And puppy-dogs' tails,
That's what little boys are made of.

She's using this because she is expecting a grandson (her first grandchild) this month and is over the moon excited! So the challenge is to use this part of that well known children's nursery rhyme to create your card...it can be a boy card, something with frogs and/or snails, puppy dogs - whatever your little heart desires :)

I really wanted to do a frog card because I have this paper that I've never used. This is the only frog image I have, but it works :)

I stamped my images on a Perfect Paper Panel with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored them with Copic markers. I think the layout is pretty simple so I won't go into all that.

NOW, be sure to check out the samples by the rest of my crazy girls...er, I mean the Crazy 4 Challenges team ;-)
THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C36.

Thanks so much for dropping in today! Can't wait to see what you do with this week's challenge!

~Supplies~
Stamps:
Simon Says

Paper:
Whisper White, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip (SU!); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT); Actopus to Zelephant (K & Co)

Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoal; Old Olive (SU!)

Accessories:
Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinder); brads, 3M foam squares (craft store); sewing machine; Copic markers


22 comments:

  1. This is sooo darn cute!!! I would love to give this as a little boys' card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how cute ... love that frog DP too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute frog! Love the card, Barbra! Fantastic as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big smile, this is cute Barbara... Love the frog and the colors. Happy weekend... HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. barb...this is so stinkin' cute! love that little frog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE! Only you can make a frog-themed card look so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is TOO cute Barb! LOVE those papers! Just perfect for the darling image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coloring is fantastic! And of course that frog patterned paper is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love that little FROG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! What a cool challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That frog is just TOO CUTE! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't blame you for wanting to use that fab dp....so perfect for this challenge and that cute froggie image

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so darling!! I love that frog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That card is so cute I could croak!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara... That is the cutest card! Love everything about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I darned near DIED when I saw this card when I uploaded mine! This is So darned adorable I can't stand it! The image is Fabby and the DP to die for

    Hugs

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!