Sunday, August 07, 2011

A is for apple

I have a quick post today, a card using a set from MFT’s August release. A sweet little Pure Innocence, Caramel Apple. After I posted a Fall card on Friday, it really hit me how glad I’ll be for summer to be over! Seriously! I’m so tired of hot and dry. And flying critters that want to sting you. Ugh! Bring on the cold! Or at least Fall, ‘cause I love Fall and this little lady says FALL!

aisforapple_2011aug7

I brought our my fave Fall paper, Indian Summer by Basic Grey again for this one. It’s just sings Fall to me! So, I colored her with Copic markers and paper pieced her pants :) She’s popped up on part of a Layered Label Die-namics die cut and the sentiment is stamped on a ribbon from First Place Award Ribbon set. Lots of distressing, a twine-tied bow, and some Dew Drops for balance finish it off.

Here’s the inside with anther sentiment from the set and a
Solid Bracket Border Die-namics border.

aisforapple_2011aug7in

layered label Die-namics

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Pure Innocence – Caramel Apple (MFT)
Paper: Sweet Tooth, Hot Fudge (MFT); Indian Summer 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tool: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Solid Bracket Border, First Place Award Ribbon, Layered Labels Die-namics dies (MFT); twine, button, Dew Drops; distressing tool (Tim Holtz)

brownwendysignature

4 comments:

  1. She's darling! Love it with the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational! Love your Copic work and how well your patterned papers match your image/colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and love the inside of the card!! The coloring is amazing. Thank you for sharing your talent.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!