Friday, April 27, 2012

Just Fur You–C4C #134

C4C134_2012apr28

Welcome to this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges! This is Cindy’s last challenge for the month and this week she’s challenging us to paper piece. I looooooooooove to paper piece :)

I’m using a set that
MFT will be releasing on May 1 at 10pm: Claire Keay - You A-mews Me. Isn’t it adorable??? Being it’s a cat, you know I love it!

I stamped the image on Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 130lb paper and again on the patterned paper. I love this cat spotted paper! Then I cut the patterned paper out and adhered it. When I was cutting it out, I cut out the ear triangles and colored them with Copic markers on the base image. I stamped the image a third time to get just the nose, which I colored and cut out, then adhered to the patterned paper layer to add just a bit more dimension.

Then I cut the entire thing out with my soon to be released Die-namics Rectangle STAX dies. I used one from each set to get a nice mat. I stamped the sentiment from the set and then added the horizontal element, with edges created with another die to be released on May 1: Die-namics Mini Scalloped Edge.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

C4C134_2012apr28in


Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


And that's all for me for me! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C134.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

 

Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps: Claire Keay – You A-mews Me (MFT)
Paper:
Fossil, Black Licorice (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 130lb; Zoology Collection (Bo Bunny)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Mini Scallop Edge, Rectangle STAX Die-namics (MFT); twine, button, embossing folder, foam dots, Copic markers

 

brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. wonderful Barbara! Love the cute image! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest card! You found such purrfect design paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super adorable and what purrfect paper LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic - love that designer paper, it's purrfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pattern on the paper is like it was made for this stamp. It's so cute!! I love how you do the inside of your cards too!
    new follower from Splitcoast

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is absolutely over the top FABulous...wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. I luv your use of pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!