Monday, May 14, 2012

MFT June Guest Designer Contest

mftjunegd_2012may14


Hi, all! Today I have a card using
MFT’s June Guest Designer Challenge—it’s a sketch! Get all the details at the MFT Member Company Forum at SCS and join in the fun. The prize is a package of MFT goodies valued at over $200 and the chance to join in with the Design Team for June Teasers and New Product Tour. Wowzas!

Here’s the sketch:MFTGUESTDT0612


For the focal image on my card, I’m using Vertical Greetings II Die-namics and Stamp Set. I cut the die out with some dark gray cardstock first, then a second time with subtle patterned paper. Then I trimmed it down a little using the technique I describe in THIS tutorial and stamped the sentiment.

For the horizontal elements, I cut out my Die-namics Scallop Ribbon and added a strip of dark gray narrow ribbon on top. Next, I added a Die-namics Royal Rose, complete with Die-namics Royal Leaves and three dark gray buttons to finish it off.

Here’s the inside, with another sentiment from the set:

mftjunegd_2012may14in


Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


And that’s it! We’d love to see a ton of entrants in the contest so go get inky!

Pin It

 

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps: Vertical Greetings II Die-namics and Stamp Set (MFT)
Paper:
Tangy Orange (MFT); Fine Linen, Smokey Shadow; Indie Chic "Ginger" (MME)
Ink: Smokey Shadow
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Scallop Ribbon, Royal Rose, Royal Leaves, Vertical Greetings II Die-namics dies (MFT); buttons, twine, sewing machine, foam dots

 

brownwendysignature

1 comment:

  1. I love this sketch! The long sentiment is just perfect-very elegant card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!