Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Hey, Girlie!–CTD #201




Hello there,
Color Throwdown fans! Thanks to everyone who played along last week for our 200th celebration, and congrats to all the winners!! The winners were posted on the Feature Stamper post yesterday, but I want to specially congratulate the winner of my blog candy, Christine Dring! Congrats Christine! If you haven’t done so already, please contact me (my email is on the left column) and I’ll arrange to get your goodies to you!

This week, the lovely
Wanda is our host and she has picked some rich colors for us to work with.



swatch 201


I went really simple. As soon as I saw these colors I thought of some patterned paper I’ve had in my stash for a couple of years. I pulled it out and it was perfect! Using my
Die-namics Hexagon die, I cut out some pieces of paper and arranged them vertically on my card in a repeat pattern. I’m using my Die-namics Polka Dot Greetings Die & Stamp Set Duo
for the sentiment. I cut it out from Whip Cream card stock, stamped the border with Riding Hood Red ink and the sentiment itself with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. Then I popped it up on foam and finished the card off with some matching gems.

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from
More Essential Sentiments.
CTD201_2012jul18in

Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
And that’s it! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD201 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!
Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)    Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Lori Tecler Lynn Put Tammy Hershberger Wanda Cullen
Judy Rozema (July Guest Designer) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you a little later for this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!


Pin It


~Supplies~
Stamps: Polka Dot Greetings,
More Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Paper:
Whip Cream (MFT); Garden Variety (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa;  Riding Hood Red (SU!); Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Polka Dot Greetings, Hexagon
Die-namics dies (MFT); gems, foam dots

brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Thank you so much for picking my name for the CTD200 celebration! I look forward to playing with all that candy soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this! So fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this! So fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just so fun and trendy!! Hope you are having a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! I love all the hexagons with the pop of red with the frame. Beautiful job with the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the hexagons, Bar...this looks awesome!!! I just ordered some of these goodies so I can case this beauty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this hexagon BG and you're right...this is the perfect DP for these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mix of colors and patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!