Saturday, March 02, 2013

To a Beautiful Friend–C4C #175

C4C175_2013mar2 

Happy Saturday! It’s time for Crazy 4 Challenges and a new month! Frances is the host for March and this week she’s challenging us to make a window card. I don’t have one of those darling window frame dies or a window stamp so I had to improvise :) Using my Die-namics Rectangle STAX, I made a frame with a view.

I added a blue background for the sky, embossed to add some texture, then added some Die-namics Flat-Bottom Clouds, a Die-namics Branch With Leaves die cut, and a Die-namics Woodgrain Fence. I was inspired by the view out of my stamping room window for this card—I have a bird feeder there and watch the birds while I stamp. I’ve seen a cardinal several times lately so I added a red bird, using my Die-namics Contempo Cage & Stamp Set. The sentiment was stamped on a Die-namics Sentiment Strip die cut and is from Inspired by Spring.  

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from Inspired by Caged Bird
:

C4C175_2013mar2in

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you! Speaking of which, we’ve had a couple of changes to the design team. Joycelyn Turner, one of the founding members, has decided to step down and we are welcoming a returning member, Tammy Hershberger!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C175.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!








Pin It






~Supplies~
Stamps:
Inspired by Spring, Inspired by Caged Bird (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Steel Gray card stock, Wild Cherry card stock (MFT); Soft Suede (SU!); Bramble Rose (MME)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Rectangle STAX, Die-namics Flat-Bottom CloudsDie-namics Branch With LeavesDie-namics Woodgrain Fence, Die-namics Contempo Cage & Stamp Set, Die-namics Sentiment Strip (MFT); foam tape, black gem, embossing folder


brownwendysignature

3 comments:

  1. I love you project for today, specially…the background...I love as well all MFT
    Thanks for sharing.
    Bibiana, DTM for Memory Box
    Please visit My recently launched Personal Blog: http://stampingwithbibiana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you weathered the fence! What a beautiful view you created! Now around here I'm happy to see the ROBINS!!!!!!! Guess I should have worked one into my card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a very precious scene....love the wood dp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!