Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Christmas In July–MFT July Creative Challenge

creativechallenge1_2013jul23

The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month: Christmas In July!  Look forward to an assortment of Christmas creations from today's participating designers.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog  for a list of all the designers who have a project to share with you today.

I’m always thinking about Christmas and I never seem to have *quite* all the cards I need come time to get them in the mail. My two cards for today are super CAS and easy, so they will be great for mass production.

For my first card, I made a couple of Washi Patterns strips on Die-namics Washi Tape die cuts with Wild Cherry ink and Jellybean Green ink and adhered them to a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next I stamped the sentiment, from Clearly Sentimental About Christmas
. Then I added a couple holly leaves using Die-namics Jumbo Christmas Stocking cut from Jellybean Green card stock with a Wild Cherry button for the berries, tied with black twine. To finish it off, I scattered a few clear gems.

For the inside, I simply stamped another sentiment from the set.


creativechallenge1_2013jul23in
*****

My second card is even more simple. I stamped more Jellybean Green card stock holly leaves with LJD Darling Dots and Versamark and the berries were made with Red Hot card stock. They were adhered to a Kraft card stock base and I popped up the ends of the leaves on foam tape for a little dimension.


creativechallenge2_2013jul23

To finish it off, I stamped a sentiment from Inspired by Christmas in Black Licorice ink and tied around some red twine.

For the inside of this one, I stamped another sentiment from the set in Red Hot ink.

creativechallenge2_2013jul23in

And there you have it—two easy peasy quick and easy Christmas cards. Hope you’re inspired to try a few to build up your stash this year.

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for the MFTWSC!


Merry Christmas Card





Noel Card







~Supplies
Merry Christmas Card:
Stamps:
Clearly Sentimental About Christmas, Washi Patterns (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Jellybean Green card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Wild Cherry ink, Jellybean Green ink, Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Washi Tape, Die-namics Jumbo Stocking, Wild Cherry button (MFT); twine, clear gems

Noel Card:
Stamps:
Inspired by Christmas, LJD Darling Dots (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Jellybean Green card stock, Red Hot card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Red Hot ink (MFT); Versamark
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Jumbo Stocking (MFT); twine, foam tape


brownwendysignature

10 comments:

  1. Your cards are both beautiful and simple. Easy to reproduce lots of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these, Bar! They are perfect for a bit of mass production and so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cards!Very Pretty!Simple and easy to mail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them! That first one is really a stunner! Lydia showcased it on fb which is why I saw it and just had to come and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clean,simple striking cards! Perfect Christmas card to pop in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS Bar! You are SO amazing! I just love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you going all BEAUTIFULLY CAS! That first card is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these.... May just use your ideasssss.......
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!