Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Sunflower Friend–CTD #262

CTD262_2013oct2

Hey, there Color Throwdown fans! It’s time for another challenge and Wanda has knocked this one out of the park! Love these colors based on her awesome inspiration piece!!


swatch 262

’Course, I love anything FALL, so I *would* love it :) I started with a Smoky Slate card base, then stamped my patterned paper on Primitive White card stock using LLD Mod Borders and the challenge colors. I stamped the sentiment, from Inspired by Flowers Set #3, with Steel Gray ink, then tied around some silver cord. I thought the silver would tie in with the gray base and I like how it does.

I created a Die-namics Sunflower and Die-namics Royal leaves, popped it up on foam, and finished off with some enamel dots. I do so love those things!!

The inside has another sentiment from the set.


CTD262_2013oct2in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the
Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD262 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our fabulous October Guest Designer, Sankari Wegman!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Melody Rupple
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Sankari Wegman – October Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today!











~Supplies~
Stamps: Inspired by Flowers Set #3,
LLD Mod Borders (MFT)
Paper:
Primitive White card stock (MFT); Smoky Slate, Crushed Curry, Garden Green, More Mustard, Riding Hood Red (SU!)
Ink:
Steel Gray ink (MFT); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Sunflower, Die-namics Royal Leaves (MFT); silver cord, enamel dots, foam tape


brownwendysignature

7 comments:

  1. This is SPECTACULAR, girlfriend! I'm totally CASE'ing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara - your card is just so lovely! Love the colorful chevrons and the super sweet flower - the sentiment inside is so sweet! You threw those colors down so beautifully!!!
    Big hugs!!!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually the blog hop I came to your blog for (a bit behind) -- LOVE your card, favorite of the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the multicolored chevron stripes behind that gorgeous die cut flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love the chevron stripes and pretty sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that perfect sunflower set off by the multi-colored chevrons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You totally rocked the colors this week, Bar...I loove this!!! the chevrons look amazing and I love your layered flower!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!