Thursday, April 03, 2014

MFT April Release Countdown, Day Six

countdownday6_2014apr3


Welcome to day Six of MFT April Release Countdown! Today we’re previewing Birdie Brown You're Super, Birdie Brown You're Super Die-namics, TRANSFORM-ables Say Hello Die-namics, and On the Diagonal Background. Remember that release is on April 8th at 10pm but be sure to stop by the MFT Blog today to see what the other designers have to show you.



NewReleaseCountdown_Day6

I always seem to have to have one rainbow themed card every release and this is the one :) I had so much fun designing this card that I’m going to show you how I did it.

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base then trimmed down another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock to work with. First, with some removable tape, I secured the word part of TRANSFORM-ables Say Hello Die-namics to my panel.


countdownday6_2014apr3tute1


I ran it through my die-cutting machine and cut another one from scrap paper to use as a mask.

countdownday6_2014apr3tute2


I trimmed the word from the speech bubble and taped the scrap paper version on my work version, again with removable tape.

countdownday6_2014apr3tute3

I kept the word part because I used the letters as masks, too—I just tore them apart with my fingers—no cutting necessary. Then I started to sponge the work version with Red Hot ink, using a sponge dauber. To keep the ink off of the next letter over, I just held the scrap letter in place while I sponged. Yeah, I’m working upside down—I like to work from right to left so I just rotated my piece. I could have started at the other end but that’s not how I roll ;-)

countdownday6_2014apr3tute4


When the red was done I moved on to Orange Fizz ink for the second letter, this time masking the first “l”.

countdownday6_2014apr3tute5


Then on to Lemon Drop ink and the next “l”

countdownday6_2014apr3tute6


And continued with Sour Apple ink and Blu Raspberry ink to finish up.

countdownday6_2014apr3tute7


Next I stamped a sentiment from Birdie Brown You’re Super under the die cut area with Steel Gray ink and stamped a piece of Steel Gray card stock with another new stamp for this month: On the Diagonal Background. I am IN LOVE with this!! Anyway, I stamped it with Steel Gray ink and trimmed it to fit behind the die cut word. I then added foam tape—I use lots of this so none of the cut out areas sag (I actually added more to the “l” letter after I took this photo)—and adhered the Steel Gray card stock panel to the foam at the top. To secure it to the base, I used a tape runner for the top and the strips of foam at the bottom to keep it level.

countdownday6_2014apr3tute8


I stamped another sentiment from Birdie Brown You’re Super on the inside.

countdownday6_2014apr3in 


And here’s the finished card again, finished off with some clear gems.

countdownday6_2014apr3


And there you have it! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you later for this month’s MFT Color Palette Challenge, and back tomorrow for Day Five of the April Release Countdown!


1CAS Supplies2







~Supplies~
Stamps: Birdie Brown You’re Super, On the Diagonal Background (
MFT)
Ink:
Steel Gray ink, Red Hot ink, Orange Fizz ink, Lemon Drop ink, Sour Apple ink, Blu Raspberry ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Steel Gray card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; TRANSFORM-ables Say Hello Die-namics (
MFT); foam tape, sponge dauber


1CAS Signature2

23 comments:

  1. Like your multi-colored hello! Neat, new bubble die. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the transform-ables are neat....might have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card, thank you so much for sharing the 'making of'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, thanks for sharing your transformables technique. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your rainbow hello!! THis is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally IN LOVE with this, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this new die! Love the rainbow colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is AWESOME Barbara! Thanks for sharing the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card to send to a friend. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I love the background paper against the rainbow color of the letters! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors against the black! A must have die! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the rainbow "hello", this new die is awesome and so is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card. Love all the special details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barbara, I love this card! Great colors & I love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for including the process!! I always wonder how people ink up the die cuts like this. Really adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bar, I love the rainbow 'hello', it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! You had me at "Hello"!!! Awesome release!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful colors on your hello. Thank you for showing us how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. FAAAABULOUS! (I shoulda' swiped that diagonal background stamp from you this weekend!) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!