Wednesday, February 04, 2015

You’re a Star–CTD #328

CTD328_2015feb4

Hi, there, everyone, welcome to this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! I’m hosting this week and I pulled my colors from this great pillow shown in the swatch.


swatch 328

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, on which I stamped Houndstooth Background with Grout Gray dye ink in a distressed manner—I LOVE how that looks! Then I added my strips of color using the new MFT Ride the Wave Die-namics and Berrylicious card stock, Orange Zest card stock, Blueberry card stock, Limelight card stock, and Black Licorice card stock. After I got them all taped together and placement marked, I stamped the sentiment and the stars with Black Licorice dye ink, then popped the waves up on foam mounting tape. I finished up with some stars cut from glitter paper with Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics, adhered with my Quickie Glue Pen,

Another sentiment and wave were added to the inside.

CTD328_2015feb4in

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD328 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented January Guest Designer, Jen Shultz and this week’s Guest Star Stamper, Flo!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Jen Shultz – February Guest Designer 
Flo – Guest Star Stamper

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Wavy Greetings, Houndstooth Background (MFT)
Ink:
Grout Gray dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Orange Zest card stock, Blueberry card stock, Limelight card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT); silver glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Ride the Wave Die-namics, Sun, Moon, & Stars Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Quickie Glue Pen (MFT)

1CAS Signature2

9 comments:

  1. Love the waved dies and the fact you can stamp the greetings along the shapes:) Great color combo for the first card, thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea with the new release. I love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is lovely!! I really like those wavy dies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun and festive! Love that subtle, partially stamped BG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, just love your card!!! Those bright waves are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to see card samples. Gives me all the more reason to make my purchases.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! This is a great guy card design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cool card Barb. Love the colorful waves and those stars. Amazing design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you created a design with the waves...plays off the pillow with a trendy design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!