Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Thanks–CTD #354

CTD354_2015aug5


Hello there, and welcome to this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! Wanda has a beach-y color palette for us today—soft and soothing.


swatch 354

I’m using some products from the just release August MFT lineup for my card today. I started with a Kraft card stock base, then, on a piece of Ranger watercolor paper, I stamped Wonky Chevron Background (I LOVE this background!!!) with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, tied around some hemp baker’s twine, and popped it up on foam mounting tape. Next I added a Pierced Circle Frames Die-namics cut from Dots & Stripes Neutral Paper Pack and popped that up, as well. Then, on a Blueprints 12 Die-namics cut from Black Licorice card stock, I stamped part of a sentiment from Encouraging Words with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, as popped that up, too. Then, I cut LJD Scribble Roses Die-namics from Ranger watercolor paper, stamped the images from LJD Scribble Roses with Black Licorice hybrid ink, and colored them with my Zig Clean Color Brush Markers and added them to the card. I finished off with some enamel dots and it was done!

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD354 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd354 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented August Guest Designer, Lindsay Amhrein!

Barbara Anders
(<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Monika Davis
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Lindsay Amhrein – August Guest Designer  

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1





~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Scribble Roses, Encouraging Words, Wonky Chevron Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Blu Raspberry dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger watercolor paper, Dots & Stripes Neutral Paper Pack (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 12 Die-namics, Pierced Circle Frames Die-namics, LJD Scribble Roses Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder (MFT); Zig Clean Color Brush Markers, enamel dots, baker’s twine, heat tool

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

8 comments:

  1. That awesome BG was the first thing that caught my eye...love it! Those flowers are gorgeous as well and I'm trying to restrain myself from ordering. You're killing me with enabling me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Barb. Those flowers are so pretty. Also love the background with the heat embossing and water coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design, Bar....the background is sooo pretty and I love the circle element with the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous design, Bar....the background is sooo pretty and I love the circle element with the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the embossed background--so eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so freakin' LOVE this layout and the use of the Scribble Roses! I'm CASE'ing this, first chance I get! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!