Saturday, August 22, 2015

You Float My Boat–C4C #300

C4C300_2015aug22


Hello, all—welcome to this week’s Crazy 4 Challenges! Frances is our host this week. This is apparently Ride the Wind Day (who knew!?) and her challenge to us is to use something that relies on the wind on our projects: windmill, sailboat, balloons, kites, pinwheel, etc., you get the idea ;-)

I’m using MFT’s Sailboat Die-namics for my card to meet the requirement. I started with a Grout Gray card stock base. Then, on some Ranger watercolor paper, I created my blue sky with Blueberry dye ink. Next I added some Making Waves Die-namics, cut from watercolor paper on which I used the smooshing technique using Tropical Teal dye ink and Summer Splash dye ink. The sailboat and sun, cut from Blueprints 21 Die-namics, were colored with my Zig Clean Color Brush Markers. The clouds were cut with Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics and the sentiment, from PI Sailor Girl, was stamped on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder.

And that's it! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you, including our August Guest Designer, Anna Wight!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C300.

Thanks so much for stopping by today—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1


~Supplies~
Stamps:
PI Sailor Girl (MFT)
Ink:
Blueberry dye ink, Tropical Teal dye ink, Summer Splash dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Grout Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 21 Die-namics, Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics, Making Waves Die-namics, Sailboat Die-namics, foam mounting tape, medium water brush, white detail embossing powder (MFT); Zig Clean Color Brush Markers, heat tool

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful card for the challenge ... I love the way you did your waves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!