Thursday, November 26, 2015

Herd You Had a Birthday–MFTWSC #256

MFTWSC256_2015nov26


Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFT_WSC_256

I flipped the sketch and used Snow Drifts Cover-Up Die-namics as the repetitive element for my card. I started with a Grout Gray card stock base, cut Snow Drifts Cover-Up Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock and Ranger watercolor paper on which I’d done a watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolor, then replaced the cut outs and popped it up on foam mounting tape on the base. I’ve had this idea for a herd of deer to use with this sentiment from BB The Whole Herd for a while and I thought it would be perfect for this design. The snowman cheering the recipient on is just adorable, isn’t he?

MFTWSC256_2015nov26b

I cut a whole herd of deer from Winter Wonderland Die-namics, along with some trees and the snowman, stamped them with the coordinating images from Winter Wonderland, and colored them with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers and arranged everything, some adhered down and some popped up for dimension. The sentiment was stamped on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, and also popped up on foam.

And that’s it from me for today—thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1fallsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps: BB
The Whole Herd, Winter Wonderland (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 21 Die-namics, Snow Drifts Cover-Up Die-namics, Winter Wonderland Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Peerless Watercolors (MFT); heat tool, Zig Clean Color Brush Markers

1fallsignature

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!