Thursday, June 30, 2016

Stars—Look How They Shine for You–MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #287

MFTWSC287_2016jun30


Hi, everyone, I’m back with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFT_WSC_287

I couldn’t resist using that circle element for a shaker—I just couldn’t!! I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then stamped Tiny Stars Background with Versamark on Ranger Watercolor Paper, heat embossed it with white detail embossing powder, and popped it up on the base with foam mounting tape

MFTWSC287_2016jun30b

Next I cut Stone Gray card stock with Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics and cut a hole with Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics. I stamped the sentiment from LLD Count the Stars with Cornflower dye ink and created my shaker element with foam mounting tape, Heat Resistant Acetate and Pretty Pink Posh sequins and adhered it to the card front. For the horizontal element across the circle I added LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics, cut from Silver Sparkle card stock, and finished off with stars cut with Blueprints 17 Die-namics and Blueprints 25 Die-namics, also cut from Silver Sparkle card stock.

And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!

1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
LLD Count the Stars, Tiny Stars Background (MFT)
Ink:
Cornflower dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Stone Gray card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, Heat Resistant Acetate, Silver Sparkle card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
LLD Stars & Wishes Die-namics, Fishtail Flags STAX Die-namics, Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics, Blueprints 13 Die-namics, Blueprints 25 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Peerless Watercolors, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); heat tool

1newsignature

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful watercoloring, Barbara...as always! :) Love that you used this sketch as a shaker card...wish I had considered that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue color you chose. Do you watercolor before or after heat embossing the stars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mary, thanks for stopping by! I heat emboss first. Hope that helps!

      Barbara

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!