Tuesday, August 09, 2016

MFT August Release Replay

releasereplay_2016aug9

Today our team is taking a fresh look at our most recent release with inspiring ideas and innovative takes on the complete collection. We love the opportunity to look at our products with fresh eyes, envisioning entirely new ways to showcase the possibilities they present. We can’t wait to share our ideas with you!


Print

Hi, everyone, I love this monthly feature because I get to use products I might not have had a chance to use during Release Countdown. Today’s card features Happy Birthday Die-namics (last month’s Free With $60), Peek-a-Boo Polka Dots Die-namics, and Mini Fringe Die-namics. To start with, I stamped Triple Stripe Background on Sweet Tooth card stock with Chili Powder dye ink. Then, on Ranger Watercolor Paper, I watercolored through Peek-a-Boo Polka Dots Die-namics with Peerless Watercolors and a waterbrush. I topped that with more Sweet Tooth card stock cut with Peek-a-Boo Polka Dots Die-namics and adhered that to a Sweet Tooth card stock base.

releasereplay_2016aug9b

I popped up the striped panel on foam mounting tape, adding a narrow strip of Chili Powder card stock. Before I adhered it, though, I tied around some baker’s twine with a gold tread and created tassels using Mini Fringe Die-namics and Gold Shine card stock. I was inspired to do these by my insanely creative MFT team mate, Kimberly Crawford :) To finish, I added Happy Birthday Die-namics, also cut from Gold Shine card stock. By adding three gold elements and three Chili Powder elements, I was employing the art theory of “threes”. It really does make a difference, I think.

And, that’s it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Triple Stripe Background (MFT)
Ink:
Chili Powder dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Chili Powder card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, Gold shine card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Happy Birthday Die-namics, Peek-a-Boo Polka Dots Die-namics, Mini Fringe Die-namics, foam mounting tape, 1/8” Scor-Tape, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush (MFT); baker’s twine

1newsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!