Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Happy as a Seagull With a Chip–Color Throwdown Challenge #442

CTD442_2017may10


Hi, everyone, it’s time for a brand new Color Throwdown Challenge and I’m your hostess this week! I’ve chosen some pastel values of some trendy colors based on my inspiration piece and I hope you’ll come play with us!


swatch442

I thought the inspiration piece had a rather coastal vibe going on so I went with the flow ;-) Told you I love these seagulls! I started with a Blue Breeze card stock base, cut Scenic Safari Die-namics from Natural card stock—I was going for the sand dune look like you find on the North Carolina Outer Banks with them and the sand fence that I cut from Grout Gray card stock with Frightful Fence Die-namics. I sponged the edges with Kraft dye ink to age them and give depth to the dunes and stamped the sentiment before popped the layers up on foam mounting tape.

CTD442_2017may10b

I added a sun cut from Sunshine card stock with Beach Scene Builder Die-namics and Cloud 9 Die-namics cut from Sweet Tooth card stock. The images were stamped with Black Licorice hybrid ink, cut out with the coordinating dies, colored with Copic markers, and added to the scene with foam tape. I swear I love them seagulls.

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the
Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD442 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd442 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented May Guest Designer, Amy Tsuruta!

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders
(<—You are here!)
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Amy Tsuruta – May Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1newsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps:
Seaside Seagulls Stamp Set (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Kraft dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Sunshine card stock, Blue Breeze card stock, Grout Gray card stock, Natural card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Seaside Seagulls Die-namics, Cloud 9 Die-namics, Beach Scene Builder Die-namics, Frightful Fence Die-namics, Scenic Safari Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Mini Ink Blending Tool, MISTI (MFT); Copic markers

1newsignature

5 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Love that MFT set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! Love the colors and the way you did the fence and sand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cute! Love those sassy gulls! And I love that you were surprised and (almost) speechless! Love ya, gull!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These gulls are definitely on my wish list! The colors just scream seaside!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!