Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Santa Baby - CTD #169



Here we are at another Color Throwdown challenge! This week, another new member is hosting. Lori is challenging us to use these colors in a project.

I decided to bring out an older MFT set: Santa Baby. I gotta tell ya, I love this set. So sassy! I totally let my patterned paper do the work here--and why not? It's perfect! I stamped the sentiment on a Notched Tag Die-namics die cut and attached it with a button andsome vintaged-up Maraschino Red baker's twine to my seam binding bow. I used the recently released Crown Border Die-namics die for the border and distressed up all the other edges.

Here's the inside with the image from the set along with another sentiment. Heh, heh.




Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD169 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including November's Guest Designer.

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!) 
Lydia Fiedler (November Guest Designer)

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back later with this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Santa Baby (MFT)
Paper: Fossil; Taken With Teal (SU!); Saint Nick 6 x 6 (Fancy Pants)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!); Old Photo Distressed Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Notched Tag and Crown Border Die-namics dies (MFT); seam binding, button, baker's twine, distressing tool



9 comments:

  1. I just love how you used that beautiful paper, Barb, and the inside says it all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO gorgeous Bar! LOVE that vintage Santa and the sentiment on the tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee! What GREAT paper---and a fun inside!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I just adore that color combo, and everything is working PERFECTLY together for one stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a jolly Santa there~wonderful use of the colors. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Incredible card Barb! I love the papers you've used and the whole vintage feel to your card! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! That paper's just perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vintage elegance of this, Barbara! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!