Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Always Love Hearing From You–CTD #180

CTD180_2012feb22

Hello, and welcome to this week’s Color Throwdown Challenge! This week Lori is our host and here are the lovely colors she chose:

swatch 180

Sooooo. I had to dig to find some patterned papers that had these colors in it, LOL! I finally settled on Basic Grey’s Picadilly which has all the colors—and then some ;-)

I’m using
MFT’s Well Worn Greetings Die-namics and Stamp Set for my card. I stamped the sentiment on some Whip Cream card stock with dark gray ink, cut it out, and popped it up on some patterned paper die cuts, added some ribbon and buttons, some stitching and this adorable butterfly using a Butterflies Die-namics die cut. I added some Copic-colored pearls to the butterfly’s body.

CTD180_2012feb22close1


Here’s the focal panel with the entire sentiment—love the rustic look of the sentiments in this set.

SONY DSC


And here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:

CTD180_2012feb22in


Here are the
Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

Butterflies Die-namics

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD180 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week. 

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!) 
Broni Holcombe
Danielle Kennedy
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Keva Brown
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Jenny Peterson (February Guest Designer)

Thanks so much for stopping by! I’ll be back a little later with this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!

Pin It

~Supplies~
Stamps: Well Worn Greetings (MFT)
Paper: Whip Cream; Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie (SU!); Picadilly 6 x 6 (Basic Grey)
Ink: Smokey Shadow (PTI
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Well Worn Greetings and Butterflies Die-namics dies (MFT); pearls, Copic marker, sewing machine, ribbon, buttons, linen twine

 

brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. I really like your card! The addition of the ribbon with the buttons adds just the right touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your background paper is so pretty! Love the sweet vintage feel to this with your pretty die cut and ribbon and buttons! Great card! I had a ball this past weekend! So glad we finally got to meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially love the ribbon treatment! Beautiful card using the sentiment as the focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Barbara! I love that dp and the sentiment is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL card Bar! LOVE these papers and your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all those great patterns together and how you used the ribbon/buttons/twine! Too cool! I MISS YOU!!! (I've been wearing shoes for 2 days now, and my toes hurt! They love their freedom!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really gorgeous Bar, especially the pretty papers which match the colors beautifully!!!! Love how you added the buttons and the ribbon, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Bar! Love the floral prints and pretty butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!