Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You Make the World a Better Place–CTD #179

Pin It

CTD179_2012feb15

Happy Wednesday! It’s Color Throwdown time! Today Kristin is our hostess and she’s got a fun color palette to challenge us today:

swatch 179

I’m using two recently released MFT sets, Vertical Greetings Die-namics and Stamp Set and Finishing Flourishes. Both of them are going to get a lot of use from me, I can assure you, so get ready to see them ;-)

First of all I cut out the Vertical Greetings Die-namics and then cut it again with the paper on which I planned to stamp my sentiment. I made it just a tiny bit smaller, using the technique I explain in this post—works for a lot of different dies. Then I stamped the sentiment and adhered the two layers together. You can see an easy way to stamp these vertically oriented stamps in this post. To finish off the focal panel, I stamped a flourish from Finishing Flourishes. OK, I have some extra colors in there, LOL, but I do have all the required colors and I made sure to bring out the Kraft with some corrugated cardboard and some twine. And I HAD to add a Rolled Scallop Flower Die-namics flower to the mix, along with leaves using Upsy Daisy Die-namics. What would I DO without my Die-namics? I really don’t know, LOL!

Here’s the inside with more flourishes and a sentiment from Finishing Flourishes.

CTD179_2012feb15in


Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD179 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week. 

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!) 
Broni Holcombe
Danielle Kennedy
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Keva Brown
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Jenny Peterson (February Guest Designer)

That’s it for now! Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back a little later with this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge!

Pin It

 

~Supplies~
Stamps: Vertical Greetings, Finishing Flourishes (MFT)
Paper: Fossil, Sweet Tooth, Sour Apple; Poppy Parade (SU!); corrugated cardboard; Fine and Dandy - Tickled Pink 6 x 6 (MME)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Blushing Bride (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Vertical Greetings, Rolled Scallop Flower, Upsy Daisy Die-namics dies (MFT); twine, sewing machine, foam dots

brownwendysignature

9 comments:

  1. So pretty, Barbara! I love the soft colors and bit of cardboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally LOVE this card...the papers, that sweet rolled rose with the twine and kraft panel! Saving this sketch for my notebook of faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the twine under the flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have used such pretty papers and I love the layout...love your beautiful card, Bar!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sentiment and card, Barbara. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just gorgeous Barbara! Love the sentiment as the main focus! Hope you are doing well, haven't been by your blog in forever, sorry!
    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Bar! I love the layout and your stitching is impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Bar! I really love your rolled rose, the texture of the corrugated cardboard and the twine you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this card so much when I found it on Pinterest, that I had to make one of my own...

    http://mkandthecrew.blogspot.com/2012/08/back-in-my-room-but-not-quite-back-to.html

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!