Saturday, May 12, 2012

Inspired Birthday–C4C #136

C4C136_2012may12

Happy Saturday! It’s Crazy 4 Challenges time and I’m the host for this month. I’ve chosen a inspiration piece for this week’s challenge. Be inspired by the colors, the shapes whatever, just go with it :)


mayinspiration2012


For my card, I let myself be inspired by the colors. I went with the Kraft, blues, and pinks. I’m using MFT’s More Essential Sentiments, stamped on a Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon fishtail flag, popped up on part of a Die-namics Layered Label set for my focal image. I used Die-namics High Tea Doily for the left upper corner element, some bling, and some Die-namics Pretty Posies flowers and Die-namics Royal Leaves. A little stitching and some inky distressing finished it off.

Here is the inside with another sentiment from the set.

C4C136_2012may12in


Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

layered label Die-namics

MFT_Open ScallopDoily_PreviewGraphic copy

MFT_PrettyPosiesFinal

MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic


And that's all for me for me! Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team has for you! Before we get into that, though, we have a couple of announcements to make. Lynda Benden, one of the original Crazies, is leaving Crazy 4 Challenges to spend more time with her family. We will miss Lynda but I know we all understand her reason and wish her the best. You know what they say, when one door closes, another one opens. Into that open door walks Betty Wright, a brand new Crazy! Several of us on the team have worked with Betty in the past and love her and her work and we know you will too! So, be sure to stop by the C4C blog and say good bye to Lynda and hello to Betty!

THEN, you know what to do--we'd love to have you come along and play with us. Just do your thing with the challenge and link it to Mr. Linky on the Crazy 4 Challenges blog. Please link directly to your project. And, if you upload to a public gallery, please use the key word C4C136.


Thanks so much for stopping by!


 

Pin It

 

 

~Supplies~
Stamps: More Essential Sentiments (MFT)
Paper:
Fossil, Sweet Tooth (MFT); Six by Six - Vanity Fair (MME)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; High Tea Doily, Pretty Posies, Royal Leaves, Layered Label, First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics dies (MFT); bling, sewing machine, buttons, twine, hot glue, foam dots

 

brownwendysignature

9 comments:

  1. Barbara, this is beautiful! Love the inspiration pic you chose! I have my name on those royal leaves as soon as they come back in stock! Looking forward to working with you again! Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, the colors! Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Barb!!! LOVE those flowers and the papers are DEE-LISH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so very elegant....the dp is gorgeous, and the flourish/flowers so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. You totally nailed this one, it's beautiful and goes really well with the inspiration photo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!