Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas–CTD #221

CTD221_2012dec5





 

Hi, everyone! It’s Color Throwdown time and this week I’m the host. I couldn’t let us get this close to Christmas without a traditional color palette to play with, now could I?

swatch 221
I’m using MFT’s Inspired by Christmas for my Santa image, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Kraft card stock, then cut out with a Die-namics Circle STAX
. I added a Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX strip and a Die-namics Let It Snowflake die cut, embellished with a hemp cord-tied Jellybean Green button. I did some stitching and sponging with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and added a few black flat back glitter pearls.

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from the set:

CTD221_2012dec5in

Here are the Die-namics dies I used on this card:
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic
MFT_OwnYourStory_PreviewGraphic

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD221 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our awesome December Guest Designer, Miriam Napier!
Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)    Broni Holcombe
Denise Marzec
Joan Ervin
Kerri Michaud
Lori Tecler Lynn Put Tammy Hershberger
Wanda Cullen
Miriam Napier (December Guest Designer) 

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you a little later for this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge.


Pin It



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Inspired by Christmas (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Whip Cream card stock (MFT); Christmas This & That (Echo Park)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX,
Die-namics Circle STAX, Die-namics Let It Snowflake, Jellybean Green button, hemp cord (MFT); glittered flat back pearls, sewing machine, foam dots

brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. Love this card the santa image is adorable and I love the layout it's so elegant. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Barbara. I love the color combo you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you stamped you Santa on the kraft, Bar....this has such a warm, vintage feel!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this beauty! You balanced the colors in such a gorgeous way and I'm really loving that Santa image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how natural your card is Barbara!! I love the dp and how you sponged on it. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Bar! Love the whole vintage feel of your card and such a great image for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!