Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Thinking Of You–MFTWSC #114

MFTWSC114_2013mar6

Hi, everyone, it’s me, back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFTWSC114
Yep, I’m using the soon-to-be-released LJD Pretty Poppies again today. Just so you know, you’ll be seeing them yet again this release—they’re THAT addicting!

I started by stamping the script background all over a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock and layering it on some Black Licorice card stock. The I wrapped a piece of Black Licorice grosgrain ribbon around and adhered it all to a Sweet Tooth card base. Then I adhered a Die-namics Dizzy Doily with a center made from Sweet Tooth and my Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon set. Instead of the fishtail element, I cut out a Die-namics Peek-a-Boo Trio and framed three poppies—using Wild Cherry Ink, Lemon Drop Ink, and pumpkin. I popped that up on foam and stamped the sentiment on a Die-namics LLD Accent It – Flags & Tags die cut. I finished it off by adding a few black gems.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from the set:


MFTWSC114_2013mar6in


Here is the stamp set releasing on March 11 that I used on this card:


MFT_TypeKeyStampSet_PreviewGraphic

And that’s all from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for Day Three teasers!!









Pin It





~Supplies~
Stamps: LJD Pretty Poppies (
MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice Ink, Wild Cherry Ink, Lemon Drop ink (MFT); Memento Tuxedo Black; Pumpkin Pie (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Dizzy Doily, Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon, Die-namics Peek-a-Boo Trio, Die-namics LLD Accent It – Flags & Tags, Black Licorice grosgrain ribbon (MFT); Copic markers, gems, foam tape


brownwendysignature

8 comments:

  1. so pretty & cool- i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Sweet flowers peeking out and great background! Great doily die used! Very eye catching card...love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you've created the circle frame to highlight the beautiful poppies. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this one caught my eye in the newsletter, but didn't realize it was yours...gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the peek a boo poppies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, have I told you lately how brilliant you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZERS! Barbara, this is such an eye catching card...love the bold and graphic design. STUNNING!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!