Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dare to Dream–MFTWSC #125

MFTWSC125_2013may22

Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. You can find the sketch on the MFT blog and also in the MFT forum on SCS, as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFTWSC125

OK, so I dabbled a bit more in mixed media today and I think I like it!

I started with
Sweet Tooth card stock and the Large Chevron Stripes stencil. I sponged on some Shabby Shutters Distress Ink sorta haphazardly. Then I added some Glimmer Mist drops by taking the nozzle out of the bottle and tapping it over my paper. Then I used the chevron stencil again and dabbed a Snow Cap Adirondack paint dabber here and there and did the Glimmer Mist thing again since the white paint dulled some of it. Then I sponged the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and stamped the squares from MPD Distressed Background Blocks with Frayed Burlap ink, stamped off twice. I matted this panel with Jellybean Green card stock and popped it up on foam on a Sweet Tooth card base. I stamped the sentiment, from MPD Dandelion Wishes on Kraft card stock cut with a Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX die and with Jellybean Green ink, popped it up on foam and tied on a Jellybean green button with hemp cord.

Here’s the inside with another sentiment from
MPD Dandelion Wishes.

MFTWSC125_2013may22in

I just love this new direction for MFT! Now I just need more time to play with the  mixed media products I’ve started collecting. Thanks so much for stopping by today!




~Supplies~
Stamps:
MPD Dandelion Wishes, MPD Distressed Background Blocks (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Jellybean Green card stock, Kraft card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Jellybean Green ink (MFT); Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, Frayed Burlap Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Fishtail Flags STAX, Jellybean Green button, hemp cord, Large Chevron Stripes stencil (MFT); Glimmer Mist, white paint dabber, foam tape


brownwendysignature

2 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS Bar!! LOVE that panel!! WOW! This is so super beautiful Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You 'think' you like it?! Oh my word, that background is stunning, Bar!! Can't wait to try it myself once I get through son's graduation party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!