Sunday, November 24, 2013

Catered Crop Recipe Challenge…and a little announcement

animalhouse_2013nov24

Hey, everyone! Today’s card is for the Catered Crop Recipe Challenge, which is “Animal House”. And, not only do I have a card for the challenge, I’m excited to announce that I’m one of the newest members of the design team! Still pinching myself on this, let me tell you! Hope to see you playing in the challenge – who knows, you might win a guest designer spot!

For my card, I started with a Kraft card stock base, then, using the On the Diagonal stencil, I spread some molding past up the side. I stamped the chicken wire image from MPD Distressed Background Blocks with Black Licorice ink on Berrylicious card stock and adhered it. I cut a circle from Black Licorice card stock with two sizes of Circle STAX Die-namics and added that, then stamped the weather vane and horse from DC Life’s Direction on Primitive White card stock with Black Licorice ink, fussy cut them out, and popped them up on foam. The sentiment is from the same set, stamped on more Primitive White card stock with Black Licorice ink on a First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics die cut and popped up on more foam. I finished it off with a heart cut from Wild Cherry card stock with Hearts a Plenty Die-namics.

This card uses Deconstructed Sketch #128 for the layout. On the inside, I stamped another sentiment from the set.


animalhouse_2013nov24in

And there you have it! My “Animal House”. Come play with us at Catered Crop!


brownwendysupplies







~Supplies~
Stamps:
DC Life’s Direction, MPD Distressed Background Blocks (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Primitive White card stock, Berrylicious card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Circle STAX Die-namics, First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics, Hearts a Plenty Die-namics, On the Diagonal stencil (MFT); foam tape, molding paste


brownwendysignature

9 comments:

  1. wooohooo!!! soooo excited to be working with you again. love this card, fun way to use those stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love how you clustered the elements. Congrats on joining the Catered Crop DT. I am so excited to work with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! So excited you're on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinches all around because I'm pinching myself too. We're all so excited to have you with us at Catered Crop. You card is perfect in every way. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow i love it Barbra :) its so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! Love the horse and weathervane!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wooohooo, I'm so excited, too! LOVE how this turned out, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on Catered Crop - I'm thrilled to be working with you. I am loving your Animal House! The stamp sets, the layouts, the colors - all are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the diagonal stripes with modeling paste up the side of your card - that is just genius! Thanks for joining us for DS128!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!