Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Sew Glad You’re My Friend–MFTWSC #208

MFTWSC208_2014dec24

Hey, there! It’s Wednesday noon so it must be time for this week’s MFTWSC! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.

MFT_WSC_208
I decided to use MSTN Stitched With Love for my card today. I started with a Kraft card stock base. Then, on a piece of Primitive White card stock, I stamped an image from LJD Nordic Knits over and over using Persimmon dye ink, Blueberry dye ink, and Tropical Teal dye ink to create a background. Next up is a Stitched Oval STAX Die-namics piece on which I stamped the “Sew”, then adhered it to the background. I added a strip of Kraft card stock stamped with the blanket stitch from MSTN Stitched With Love in Blueberry dye ink, with the sentiment stamped in Tropical Teal dye ink, over stamping the striped image from Desert Bouquet, which was stamped with Kraft dye ink.

The spool was cut with MSTN Stitched With Love Die-namics from Kraft card stock that had been stamped with Wood Plank Background and Kraft dye ink, the threads stamped with Blueberry dye ink. I added a silver mirror card stock needle, and three buttons, cut from Persimmon card stock, Blueberry card stock, and Tropical Teal card stock with Button Border Die-namics and tied with hemp cord.

On the inside I stamped a sentiment from Bold Statements with Tropical Teal dye ink.

MFTWSC208_2014dec24in

And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you again soon!


1CAS Supplies2




~Supplies~
Stamps:
MSTN Stitched With Love, Wood Plank Background, LJD Nordic Knits, Desert Bouquet, Bold Statements (MFT)
Ink:
Persimmon dye ink, Tropical Teal dye ink, Blueberry dye ink, Kraft dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Primitive White card stock, Persimmon card stock, Tropical Teal card stock, Blueberry card stock (MFT); silver mirror card stock
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
MSTN Stitched With Love Die-namics, Stitched Oval STAX Die-namics, Button Border Die-namics, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape, Copic markers 

1CAS Signature2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!