Tuesday, January 06, 2015

MFT January Release Countdown, Day One + a Video

countdownday1a_2015jan6

Hello, and welcome to the last day of MFT’s January Release Countdown posts! Release is tonight, January 6th, at 10pm—get all the details at the MFT Blog. Today we’re previewing Smitten with You, Stamp Set, Heart Puzzle Die-namics, Love Die-namics – Free with $60, Damask Background, LLD Planner Basics Stamp Set, and LLD Planner Pieces Die-namics.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day1
My first card is using Love Die-namics—January’s Free With $60 set along with a sentiment from Smitten With You and images from LJD All My Love. I have a video showing how I stamped the, as I’m calling them, “candy hearts” on the inside along with how I constructed the card. You can view it HERE on my YouTube channel or click on the button below.



I’ll also briefly list the steps I took in making this card. I cut Love Die-namics from the front of my Grout Gray card stock card base and stamped the sentiment, from Smitten With You below the dye cut. On Sweet Tooth card stock I randomly stamped the three smaller sizes of hearts from LJD All My Love using all of the colors being released this month: Cherry Crisp dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Lavender Fields dye ink, Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Green Room dye ink, and Lush Lagoon dye ink. The sentiment on the inside is also from LJD All My Love and was stamped with Steel Gray dye ink. This panel was adhered on the inside, flush with the bottom and sides of the card base. To finish it off, I applied some clear sequins with a Quickie Glue Pen.

countdownday1a_2015jan6in
*****

My second card has a stamped background.

countdownday1b_2015jan6

I started with a Grout Gray card stock base. Next, on a piece of Sweet Tooth card stock, I stamped the word “You” from Smitten With You over and over with Steel Gray dye ink to create background paper. I matted that with Ripe Raspberry card stock and then silver glitter paper and popped it all up on foam mounting tape on the  base. I cut Heart Puzzle Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock and sponged it all over with Ripe Raspberry dye ink, then inserted a Ripe Raspberry card stock heart to complete the puzzle. The sentiment, from Smitten With You, was stamped on Black Licorice card stock with Sweet Tooth pigment ink and heat embossed with clear detail embossing powder, then popped up on foam mounting tape. I finished off by adding some Rain Drops, adhered with my Quickie Glue Pen.

On the inside, I stamped the sentiment elements from Smitten With You with Ripe Raspberry dye ink and Steel Gray eye ink on layers cut with Blueprints 20 Die-namics from Black Licorice card stock and Sweet Tooth card stock.

countdownday1b_2015jan6in

And that all for now! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you back tonight for the New Product Launch!


1CAS Supplies2

countdownday1a_2015jan6




countdownday1b_2015jan6


~Supplies~
Love Card:
Stamps:
Smitten With You, LJD All My Love (MFT)
Ink:
Cherry Crisp dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Lavender Fields dye ink, Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Green Room dye ink, Lush Lagoon dye ink, Steel Gray dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Grout Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Love Die-namics,
Quickie Glue Pen (MFT); clear sequins

You Complete Me Card:
Stamps:
Smitten With You (MFT)
Ink:
Steel Gray dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Sweet Tooth pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Grout Gray card stock, Ripe Raspberry card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); silver glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Heart Puzzle Die-namics, Blueprints 20 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, clear detail embossing powder, Quickie Glue Pen (MFT); Rain Drops, sponge dauber


1CAS Signature2

8 comments:

  1. Barbara you did a fine job showing these yummy colors.Loved the vid.😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your "Love you More" card design! It's such a fun card! Great idea and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and love the details on both of them! Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly stand the wait.
    What great cards just as usual.
    You have a wonderful style
    Happy 2015 looking forward to more
    Love allt he colors and variations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, I watched your video yesterday -- I usually get a YouTube notice before I get your blog in my email! I love that you are calling them background videos, I give you a thumbs up, but it doesn't always take, I don't know if it shows up later. Anyway, I love how you made the hearts in the background with the love die! So cute! And I love how you made your own background paper -- I would have thought to use a word like that! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!