Thursday, August 27, 2015

Birthday Butterfly–MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge #243

MFTWSC243_2015aug27


Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFT_WSC_243

Why, yes, I did make a shaker card ;-) It’s been a week, at least, LOL! But this sketch was just SCREAMING to be made into one and who am I to resist a screaming sketch? I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then created my shaker element with more Sweet Tooth card stock cut with Stitched Square Frames Die-namics. The back of the element is Ranger watercolor paper, on which I did a little wash with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers and splattered a little Black Licorice dye ink and also stamped the sentiment, from LJD You’re the Sweetest, with it. I added some Pretty Pink Posh sequins as the filler, along with some colored seed beads, closed it up with heat resistant acetate and 1/8” ScorTape and popped it up on foam mounting tape. I added a Flutter of Butterflies – Solid Die-namics and Flutter of Butterflies – Lace Die-namics. The bottom layer was cut from Ranger watercolor paper and also colored with Zig brushes and the top was cut from black glitter paper. I popped it up on foam and it was done!

Thanks so much for stopping by today—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1



~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD You’re the Sweetest (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Ranger watercolor paper, heat resistant acetate (MFT); black glitter paper
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Stitched Square Frames Die-namics, Flutter of Butterflies – Lace Die-namics, Flutter of Butterflies – Solid Die-namics, Foam mounting tape, 1/8” ScorTape, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); seed beads

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know. A lot of the older ones got accidentally deleted and I didn't have the time nor the heart to put them back. It's a lot of work.

      Delete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!