Tuesday, September 08, 2015

I Pick You–MFT Creative Construction With Blueprints: It’s Hip to be Square

ccwithblueprints_2015sep8

Hello, everyone! It’s time for another MFT Creative Construction With Blueprints! Traditionally, we reach for an A2 base for our cards - it’s a familiar canvas that we’re accustomed to using as a starting point for our greetings. Switching things up with a square base provides the opportunity to challenge ourselves with a different point of view. Our Blueprints line features a number of sets that provide every element necessary for crafting square cards and our team is here to demonstrate their versatility. Featured Blueprints include 3, 7, 8, 12, 14, & 19.


MFT_CreativeConstruction_SideBar
I freely admit I’m more comfortable with A2 size cards, but it’s nice to challenge myself every now and then with a square. For my card today, I started with a Kraft card stock base, then cut an element from Blueprints 7 Die-namics and Ranger Watercolor paper for my working canvas. Using another die in the set, I cut out the notches on either side for my hemp cord to rest. Next I watercolored the background with Blueberry dye ink and Jellybean Green dye ink, tied around my cord, matted it with paper from Fresh Squeezed Chevron Paper Pack and popped it up on foam mounting tape.

ccwithblueprints_2015sep8b

Then I created a little scene with BB Harvest Mouse and BB Harvest Mouse Die-namics, stamped on Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb with Black Licorice hybrid ink and colored with Copic markers. I also used Blueprints 21 Die-namics and Daffodil card stock for the sun and Sweet Tooth card stock and Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics for my clouds.

And that’s it form my square card! Thanks so much for stopping by today—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
BB Harvest Mouse (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Blueberry dye ink, Jellybean Green dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Daffodil Card stock, Fresh Squeezed Chevron Paper Pack, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT); Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White Smooth, 110lb
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 7 Die-namics, Blueprints 21 Die-namics, Cloud Cover-Up Die-namics, BB Harvest Mouse Die-namics, hemp cord, foam mounting tape (MFT); Copic markers

1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are always so cute....love your style. Jan D., FL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card. Love your background coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like that you can over hang your clouds (or other embellies) with the square shape w/o them appearing crowded. great card. i should have ordered the mice but you have to stop somewhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!