Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Grateful For You–CTD #366

CTD366_2015oct28


Hi, everyone, it’s time for another Color Throwdown Challenge! The lovely Joan has picked some great colors based on her inspiration piece.


swatch 366

I decided to use these colors for an Autumn card. I started with a Stone Gray card stock base, then on some Sweet Tooth card stock, I added some embossing paste through Herringbone Bricks Stencil. While that was drying, I cut a bunch of Falling Leaves Die-namics using Berrylicious card stock, Gravel Gray card stock, and Tangy Orange card stock, and several copies of Words of Gratitude Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock. I layered these up and colored an ombre pattern on the word with Copic markers, then stamped the rest of the sentiment, from BB Birthday Bears, with Gravel Gray dye ink.

CTD366_2015oct28b

I arranged and adhered my leaves, then my word, and finished off with some clear Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD366 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd366 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented October Guest Designer, Michele Boyer!

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Jodi Collins
Lori Tecler
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Michele Boyer – October Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!


1fallsupplies


~Supplies~
Stamps:
BB Birthday Bears (MFT)
Ink:
Gravel Gray dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, Sweet Tooth card stock, Berrylicious card stock, Gravel Gray card stock, Tangy Orange card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Falling Leaves Die-namics, Words of Gratitude Die-namics, Herringbone Bricks stencil, foam mounting tape, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); Copic markers, embossing paste 

1fallsignature

8 comments:

  1. The leaves are all so pretty, Bar, and how cool is that sentiment!! I love how you colored the grateful!!!! I'll have to give that a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, thank you so much for your comment on my blog today about the disastrous deleting of all of my photos! I'm so sorry that the same thing happened to you too. It was the most awful feeling when I realized what had happened! Ugh! Good luck getting all of yours back up! Your card today is stunning ( as always). I love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors of those leaves and the background they are showcased on! Cool idea on the ombre coloring for the die cut word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE all the texture and ombre details! Looks like our brains were on the same channel with leaves on our cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, your ombre on the sentiment is so good, I thought it was brushed silver cardstock! Fantastic card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those textured leaves are incredible!! And I really, really love your ombre sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!