Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Twice the Wishes–MFT July Card Kit Reveal, Day Two

Print

Hi, everyone, I’m back with Reveal Day 2 of Twice the Wishes Card Kit, MFT’s July Card Kit. It will be available for purchase tonight, July 19th, at 10pm EDT. Check out all the details at the MFT Blog and see what the design team has done with the kit today. 

cardkitoutboxdown_2016jul19

Today’s card is “out of the box” meaning I used some product NOT included in the kit to show you how to stretch the kit contents. I started with a Smooth White card stock base. Then I stamped Roses All Over Background on Ranger Watercolor Paper with Versamark, heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, and applied a watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolors using a waterbrush. Next I created my cake layers using paper from the kit, cut the slider track, and assembled the mechanism—be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a great video on how the mechanism works.

cardkitoutboxup_2016jul19

I’d already planned how I was going to decorate my cake and I did this using the banner die and stamp from MSTN Happy Pandas stamp set and MSTN Happy Pandas Die-namics and the sentiment is from Gumball Greetings stamp set. I added flowers from LJD Celebrate With Cake and LJD Celebrate with Cake Die-namics and the number was cut with LLD Little Numbers Die-namics.

And that’s it for Twice the Wishes Card Kit, Day 2 Reveal. I’ll be back tonight for the release so I hope to see you then—thanks for stopping by today!


1newsupplies




~Supplies~
Stamps: Twice the Wishes Card Kit, LJD Celebrate With Cake, Roses All Over Background, Gumball Greetings, MSTN Happy Pandas (MFT)
Ink: Black Licorice dye ink, Pure Plum dye ink, Blu Raspberry dye ink, Sour Apple dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper: Twice the Wishes Card Kit, Ranger Watercolor Paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond; Twice the Wishes Card Kit, LJD Celebrate With Cake Die-namics, MSTN Happy Pandas Die-namics, LLD Little Numbers Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, waterbrush, Embossing Magic, Peerless Watercolors (MFT); heat tool

1newsignature

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely card. I really like the background detail with the white embossing and gorgeous watercolor effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in this kit and your card shows them off. Great background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is so adorable and pure genius! The banner from Happy Panda's makes a perfect cake topper. Clever and sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pretty background and how you used the little flowers. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous combination of papers, flowers, banner, and background- perfect for a 16th Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Emmm GEEEEE! I soooo need this card for my niece's upcoming Birthday! She is the sweetest and would treasure this card... Smooches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a delightful card. Love the cake decorations and the background is so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNNNNNING!!! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! And how clever to use the banner from the Panda set! I need to get more innovative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow how cute, love the colors and the way everything coordinates, love the watercolor background too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card! I love the colors and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!